Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Story of Prince Davis & his throne!


On Friday I thought I'd give this whole potty thing another try with Davis. I've been trying every few weeks, with absolutely no luck at all. He was showing no interest & ended up just frustrating me.
Friday morning we got up & I put a pair of Thomas undies on him & he just took to the potty like he's been doing this forever. Friday, Saturday, & Sunday we had some probs w/ spraying. He & I just couldn't figure out how to do it w/o making a huge mess.
He's had a few hiccups along the way, but they are accidents & he really tries to get to the potty. I'm so proud of him I could just burst. I wish I had a secret as to what worked, I guess just try, try, try, try again, & be patient!
Friday night after Danny got home from work we took Davis to Target. He got some boxer briefs & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse undies. It wasn't his first choice, but the only ones that they had in his size.
We then went to Moe's & had dinner. Davis did so well. He went potty at Moe's in the big boy potty & was so proud of himself.
On Saturday we had an Upward basketball game & Davis did great. We then went to Qdoba for lunch & then to the hospital to see Troy. Davis went potty at the hospital. Davis then fell asleep in the car & Danny & I were out looking for his bedroom furniture, so we just let him sleep while I went in to the stores.
After he woke up, we stopped at the Humane Society & Davis had his first accident there. He just got so excited seeing all the puppies play & chase him.
I guess now, he's officially a big boy. Makes me really sad that he's not my baby anymore. It's so hard to believe he'll be 3, one month from tomorrow.


No comments: