Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas & bedtime


OH, so it's officially come & gone.  Christmas!  
We had a wonderful time visiting w/ friends & family this past week.  
Looking back at Christmas 2008, I can truly say we had a wonderful Christmas!  Davis received everything he asked for (except Wild Banchee, he was unable to be found), Daddy got tons of clothes, I received my laptop & a few wonderful unexpected gifts, & we were able to give gifts to the ones we loved.  But, most importantly we had a great time w/, my family & the Barnes family.  We were able to catch up & let Davis know his cousins a little better.  
I am so thankful for our family, friends, all we have, but most importantly I am so very thankful for Jesus!  I'm thankful that Jesus loves me right where I am!  I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not or change the world to be something it's just not.  I can believe in Santa, carry a Coach purse, & watch Grey's Anantomy, & still be loved by Jesus!  
Right now it's bedtime in the Barnes' house.  Davis is asleep.  Once 5 pm hits, this is the time of day I look forward to.  This is 'me time'.  I get so exhausted & can't wait for bedtime for Davis.  So, I can catch up on tv, blog, or play wii.  Once I know he's asleep, I go in & check on him.  He looks so sweet asleep & then I start missing him.  I miss loving on him, playing games, learning new songs, the endless questions of 'why', & waiting for the next funny thing he'll say.  I can't wait to spend another day w/ him..... and then I'll get some me time again!

Oh, one more thing.... this picture is one of my failed attempts at our Christmas card this year.  We were trying to get Davis, Bowie, & Annabelle in the pic.  For some reason our Annabelle wanted to play more than she wanted to have her picture made!

No comments: