Friday, April 10, 2009

Our 1st ultrasound


Yesterday, Danny, Davis, & I traveled back to Florence Y'all for my 1st prenatal visit & ultrasound.  I'm still seeing the RE in Cinci/Northern KY until he releases me to a regular OB/Gyn.  
We were able to see the heartbeat on the screen & the Dr was pleased w/ everything he saw.  He said the baby has a strong heartbeat & is attached in just the right spot.  
I go back in 2 weeks for another u/s & then I should be released to see my own OB/Gyn.  
Davis was so cute!  When it was time to go, he said "Wait, what about the baby?".  He thought we were going to be able to take the baby home yesterday.  We had to explain that the baby has to grow bigger & bigger before he/she gets to come home with us.  
For the past few weeks Davis has been insistant he wants a sister, then on the way home from DC, he announced "If it's a boy, we'll name him Salt".  HMMM... already tormenting his brother!!  Danny & I said that he'd be salt of the earth, but we'd have to give him a different name.  

I'll post about our DC trip & include some pics in the next few days!

2 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Amie,
I'm so excited about your wonderful news! Congratulations and I'll be praying for you :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amie! I'm so thrilled for you guys. I miss you on SC. I had often checked in with you blog to see what's new and I was more than thrilled to see your ticker!