Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 1- Surgery Day

Today is the day of my surgery. Not as nervous as I thought I'd be. I'm more worried about Davis & how he's going to do today w/ Granny.
We get to Jewish East at 9:30 am. I end up waiting out in the lobby for over a hour to be called back for prep. During that time I was getting nervous, b/c I thought they had forgot about me.
When they did finally call me back, they took me to this fancy hotel like room. It was so nice. It had shiny hardwoood floors, a private bath w/ shower, a flatscreen tv, a closet, & my own phone.
They went through the basic medical questions & got me changed. They had to do a blood test to check for pregnancy (standard precedure) before starting the surgery. The nurse couldn't get the needle in, so they asked the anesthesioliogist to do it. He tried 4 times in my left hand & then moved on to my right hand. He ended up giving me a shot to numb my right hand, so he could poke around some more. Eventually, he got the blood & started my IVS.
They then called Danny & my Nanny into the room. It wasn't long that I was taken back into surgery. I don't remember much about that. I remember being moved onto the operating table & then I was out.
When I woke up from surgery in the recovery room, I was in so much pain. They gave me a shot of something & it helped. I then was sent back to my original room. Surgery lasted longer than expected 1 1/2 hours to be exact.
Dr Homm found that my left ovary was not in the correct position. It was pretty high up & over to my side. Plus, it was in a sac. So, if I did ovulate, it wouldn't do me any good.
I got a little sick after I came out of surgery. What else is new? I just don't think I do well on pain meds.
I came home & went to bed!


Footnote-
I went back & dated the next few entries on the date they happened, to keep the events straight in my head. I'll be posting more on my recovery in the next few posts.

No comments: