Tuesday, October 21, 2008

World's Largest Halloween Party


We've had a real busy weekend. On Friday, we went to Sake Blue to celebrate Papaw's birthday. It's a new Japanese Restaurant here in the 'ville. My family & I love the hibachi grill & sushi (some more than others). It was a little different than what we were used to, but yummy none the less.
On Saturday, we ventured out to the zoo for the World's Largest Halloween Party. It was so packed. The weather was great! It was just a little cool, to remind you it is fall, but warm enough to walk around w/ a sweatshirt.
Davis didn't know what to think of all the costumes at first. He kept telling me it was 'pretend'. I think he was looking for reassurance his self. GJ & Grandpa joined us & we had a really good time.
Sunday at church we had a wonderful guest preacher. He has preached at our church previously. I left this Sunday feeling fed & loved it! He's a professor at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
For the past few days Davis has been complaining of mild stomach pain. I had given him some Children's Gas-X on Saturday & that seemed to do the trick. On Sunday he complained a bit, so I didn't give it more thought. On Monday evening he started complaining once again. I kept encouraging him to go potty. He finally did, but once he was done he started complaining once again of stomach pain. I gave him some 'Little Tummies' children's laxative to see if that was the problem.
Davis & I left to go bowl at our church league & Danny went off to play basketball.
While we were bowling, Davis just wasn't acting 'right'. He was fussy & complaining of stomach pains. When it was time to go, he wouldn't walk out. I had to carry him to the car & into the house once we arrived.
We went straight to his room, so I could take his temp & evaluate the situation. Davis hit the floor & starting crying in pain. He wouldn't move & screamed when I touch his ears to take his temp. I called our pediatrician's after hours line & was advised to bring him in.
I'm sure most of you know that Danny lost his cell phone a week ago Sunday. I was unable to get in touch w/ him to let him know what was going on. So, I left a post-it on the counter & headed out the door w/ my little guy. He was in so much pain he wouldn't stop crying. He cried all the way to Pediatric Acute Care on Poplar Level Rd. We were seen rather quickly, which was a relief.
However, our visit w/ the Doctor went even quicker. He looked in his ears & said he had an ear infection. He walked over to start writing a rx, when I asked about the stomach pain. He touched his belly & said it was a side effect of the ear infection.
Now, I'm no Doctor, but I walked out of there very concerned & just not feeling this was right. So, I called Jill (our pediatrician) on her cell. I was her Nanny for a couple years. She didn't think it made any sense either, but gave me some great advice. She told me to give him a suppository & see if he has a bm. If so, his stomach pain should go away, if not call her office today.
So far, he has not complained of any stomach pain. We seem to be able to keep the fever under control. His little ears do hurt, but w/ Tylenol & Motrin we're keeping the pain at bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your Little Wolverine...how precious is he!?